|Newborn Tips#1: Don't Hush-A-Bye-Baby|
|You don't have to be quiet while the baby is sleeping. The womb is loud, and newborns are used to the noise. When ours first came home, we watched television and I would vacuum, wash dishes and talk on the phone around her while she slept. She got used to sleeping with noise, and I could get stuff done. I am still able to vacuum in her room while she sleeps (she is 14 months), and she is peaceful and well rested when she wakes up.|
|Newborn Tips#2: Soothe Your Wailing Newborn|
|When my baby cries, I comfort her by patting her back in a heartbeat-like rhythm. That helps her burp more quickly, and it also helps her relax if she's crying from insecurity. If this doesn’t work, I also try one or all of Dr. Harvey Karp's five calming moves: swaddling, shushing, holding her on her side, swinging her or letting her suck. Sometimes it takes all six!|
Are you an expectant mother who is planning for a baby shower party? No doubt it is fascinating to prepare parties particularly to welcome a newborn child. However, if it's your first time to be a mother then things might stil la little bewildering for you. Don't worry because everyone encounters this stage at one point in time. Here, we'll teach you some suggestions on how to arrange your first baby shower party. Obviously, you would like the best for your first baby, right so you may as well welcome him/her with such a bang.
1. Ponder of a theme for the party – it becomesless complicated and more exciting if you wil lthink of astyle for your baby shower. For instance, you are aware that you will behaving a baby girl then manage a pink party. You'll be having easier time dealing with the specifics of your bash when you're working with a theme or motif. Plus obviously, your pictures and videos will look nicer and more organized.
|Newborn Tips#3: Help Get Your Baby to Latch|
|If you are having latch-on issues while breastfeeding your baby, you can use breast shields to help the process. This was a wonderful tip that I learned from my lactation consultant. I had to use the shields for an entire month before my baby would latch onto my own nipple without them. Had it not been for the breast shields, I would not have been able to continue nursing my baby.|
|Newborn Tips#4: Get Prepped|
|At 3 weeks, babies’ days and nights become more predictable, and you can focus on yourself in addition to your newborn. One way to do that is by reducing your stress level - and having everything ready for your hungry baby and yourself is one way to do that. Start by prepping for the next feeding as soon as the previous one is over. For example, after an 11 p.m. feeding, get ready for the 2 a.m. one by prepping whatever you need for feeding and putting out fresh drinking water for yourself so you don’t have anything to think about in the middle of the night. During the day, take advantage of the baby’s naps to work out, shower or catch up on e-mail, or take a nap too.|
2. List down the people that you want to invite – next step is to take note of all your friends and family members that you would liketo ask to the baby shower. Some mommies choose to invite only closest pals or the godparents of the child however, many tend to make this baby shower an event for all. It would be your decision but of course.
3. Picture the perfect venue – after you learned all about the volume ofyour guests, you can now choose a location for your celebration. If you chose to nvite only handful of guests then you could possibly just use your house as venue but if you've got a lot then you can rent a place where you can accommodate all your visitors.
4. Create invitations – once you already have the guest directories and location plus of course, the date then you could begin creating the invites. You should send the invitations at least a week before the event to ensure the attendance of your invited friends.
5. Think of baby shower favours – finally, you should think of nice baby shower favours to share to your friends.
There is no need to spend much to make the baby shower party wonderful and fun. All you have to do is be inventive with your thoughts and for sure, things are going to be perfectly all right. Well, having your loved ones and friends with you on this special event will also make things unforgettable and special.
|Newborn Tips#5: Keeping Your Baby Awake During Feedings|
|When our baby was eating slowly and sleepily, my husband and I would massage her cheek to stimulate her to eat faster. A gentle stroke with a fingertip on her cheek was all it took, and on those long sleepless nights, this simple trick was a godsend! Our friends have found it works great with their infants too. When babies eat efficiently until they're full before going to sleep, they sleep for longer between feedings. And that means you’re both likely to be calmer!|
|Newborn Tips#6: Help Your Baby Bond with Dad|
|Make sure your baby has ample time alone with Daddy. His touch and voice are different than yours, and this will begin a bonding process and give you a break. Plus, it gets the baby used to being with someone other than you. The first few times can be hard. Make sure your baby is fed and well rested, as this will give you at least one or two hours before you're needed again. Then leave Dad and the baby alone. If you stay nearby, make sure the baby can’t see or hear you, and resist the urge to go into the room and "fix" things if she starts crying. Your baby cries with you and you experiment to find out what's wrong. Dads need time to do this too - in their own way. By allowing this time, your child will learn there is more than one way to receive comfort, which will help immensely when you leave your baby with a sitter or another family member for the first time. You could have your partner bathe her, put her to bed or just read or talk to her.|