|Newborn Tips#1: Don't Hush-A-Bye-Baby|
|You don't have to be quiet while the baby is sleeping. The womb is loud, and newborns are used to the noise. When ours first came home, we watched television and I would vacuum, wash dishes and talk on the phone around her while she slept. She got used to sleeping with noise, and I could get stuff done. I am still able to vacuum in her room while she sleeps (she is 14 months), and she is peaceful and well rested when she wakes up.|
|Newborn Tips#2: Soothe Your Wailing Newborn|
|When my baby cries, I comfort her by patting her back in a heartbeat-like rhythm. That helps her burp more quickly, and it also helps her relax if she's crying from insecurity. If this doesn’t work, I also try one or all of Dr. Harvey Karp's five calming moves: swaddling, shushing, holding her on her side, swinging her or letting her suck. Sometimes it takes all six!|
If you are in need of a highchair for your little angel, then find a store that offers this kind of product with a Chicco brand. A Chicco highchair is quite well-known by numerous consumers because this particular product has excellent qualities, which will highly benefit any buyers and users. That is why many retailers at present offer this branded product in their established online stores in order to meet the high demands in the market.
When shopping for your highchair, you should visit a reliable store in the Internet in order to find the brand that you are looking for and to have the assurance of purchasing a high quality product. Also, this kind of website is definitely selling varieties of baby products such as nursery furniture, car seats, prams pushchairs, cribs, and many others. In addition, within a trustworthy site, you will be able to read the following qualities that you would require for your highchair to have:
|Newborn Tips#3: Help Get Your Baby to Latch|
|If you are having latch-on issues while breastfeeding your baby, you can use breast shields to help the process. This was a wonderful tip that I learned from my lactation consultant. I had to use the shields for an entire month before my baby would latch onto my own nipple without them. Had it not been for the breast shields, I would not have been able to continue nursing my baby.|
|Newborn Tips#4: Get Prepped|
|At 3 weeks, babies’ days and nights become more predictable, and you can focus on yourself in addition to your newborn. One way to do that is by reducing your stress level - and having everything ready for your hungry baby and yourself is one way to do that. Start by prepping for the next feeding as soon as the previous one is over. For example, after an 11 p.m. feeding, get ready for the 2 a.m. one by prepping whatever you need for feeding and putting out fresh drinking water for yourself so you don’t have anything to think about in the middle of the night. During the day, take advantage of the baby’s naps to work out, shower or catch up on e-mail, or take a nap too.|
- Initially, you will be able to know that the different Chicco highchairs, which they are selling, are made from sturdy materials. So with this, you can be sure that it can handle the weight of your child.
- Next, their branded highchairs have various styles and designs so you can freely choose the one that suits your taste. You can even buy the highchair that has bright colors so that it can brighten the atmosphere within your home. It would also be best to have a trendy design and style that will be perfect for your wonderful baby.
- Then, their offered highchairs specify the particular age of their users. This aspect is highly vital in order for the young ones, who will use this product to be safe and comfortable all the time.
- Also, their products are quite handy and can be easily stored after use. It is because each highchair is lightweight and will only require a small storage space in your home. With these specifications, you can easily transport this product from one place to another when needed to be used and keep them in their
- Lastly, all of their Chicco highchairs are offered with affordable prices. The main reason for this fact is because they want to persuade more customers to purchase their products. In addition, this is also one of their major strategies in order to survive the tough competition in the online market and become successful in the future.
|Newborn Tips#5: Keeping Your Baby Awake During Feedings|
|When our baby was eating slowly and sleepily, my husband and I would massage her cheek to stimulate her to eat faster. A gentle stroke with a fingertip on her cheek was all it took, and on those long sleepless nights, this simple trick was a godsend! Our friends have found it works great with their infants too. When babies eat efficiently until they're full before going to sleep, they sleep for longer between feedings. And that means you’re both likely to be calmer!|
|Newborn Tips#6: Help Your Baby Bond with Dad|
|Make sure your baby has ample time alone with Daddy. His touch and voice are different than yours, and this will begin a bonding process and give you a break. Plus, it gets the baby used to being with someone other than you. The first few times can be hard. Make sure your baby is fed and well rested, as this will give you at least one or two hours before you're needed again. Then leave Dad and the baby alone. If you stay nearby, make sure the baby can’t see or hear you, and resist the urge to go into the room and "fix" things if she starts crying. Your baby cries with you and you experiment to find out what's wrong. Dads need time to do this too - in their own way. By allowing this time, your child will learn there is more than one way to receive comfort, which will help immensely when you leave your baby with a sitter or another family member for the first time. You could have your partner bathe her, put her to bed or just read or talk to her.|