Nanny is a professional babysitter who provides customized child care at family's home. She has good understanding of children's growth and their behavior. Nannies have specialized training and experience in child care. Today, parents don't have much time for proper care of their children, especially mothers of a newly born baby. They have to deal with various day-to-day tasks and professional challenges therefore nannies become the best option for them.
Most of the people expect that nannies will perform some housekeeping work like laundry work, preparing breakfast or meal for children, dishwashing, dusting, shopping etc. Nanny is a role model for children and has great impact on their mental and social development. She should be disciplined and positive. If hired nanny use to spend hours on phone talking about personal matters or always switch-on the TV and keep changing the channels may have bad impact on children. Parents need to discuss about all terms and conditions that won't be tolerable from her side including naps, TV time, snacks etc.
She shouldn't be allowed to entertain guests and invite her friends to the home without approval of parents. It is parents' duty to keep a check on her activities and ensure that her main concern is kid's care. It is very important that she should be punctual or dedicated to her work as you are. Most of the working parents hire nannies as they don't have much time to spend for caring their children, helping them in homework and delighting them all the time.
The indiscipline of nanny may cause various troubles to parents and affect their professional life. Before hiring a nanny, parents should have a common idea of how many hours a day or week they required from nanny to work. The working schedule of some parents keeps changing, then make sure to mention the frequently occurring changes to nanny. This makes her to accommodate or make arrangements accordingly. Parents need to discuss about some important aspects while hiring a new nanny like:
- How she will get to work and get from work?
- Make sure she won't have any health problem or habit of smoking.
- Discuss about her qualification, nanny training and experiences.
- Ask where she previously worked and her experiences.
- What ages of children she used to take care of?
- Ask why she left her last job.
- How she will deal with odd circumstances or if you ask to plan a day for children and home?
- How she will discipline the children and make them learn good manners?
- If things don't work, then how she will reorganize them?
- If suddenly children get ill or unconscious or fell, how she will deal?
- Ask about her family background.
- What if she gets sick, how she will manage her work?
- What if she needs to stay for long hours, will she be able to do so?
- Ask about her long and short-term, dreams and desires.
Trust is one of the most valuable assets that cannot be earned; it is hard to win. When it comes to nannies, then it becomes important for parents to share happy and healthy relations with them. Most of the nannies make long-term relationship with the family where they are employed. Even, the children develop loving relationship with their nannies. There are various agencies providing professionally trained and qualified nannies for hire. Agencies do proper investigation of nannies family background, qualifications and cross check their databases. If you are too busy with your work schedule and don't get enough to take care of children, then the best advice is to find a nanny.