|Newborn Tips#1: Don't Hush-A-Bye-Baby|
|You don't have to be quiet while the baby is sleeping. The womb is loud, and newborns are used to the noise. When ours first came home, we watched television and I would vacuum, wash dishes and talk on the phone around her while she slept. She got used to sleeping with noise, and I could get stuff done. I am still able to vacuum in her room while she sleeps (she is 14 months), and she is peaceful and well rested when she wakes up.|
|Newborn Tips#2: Soothe Your Wailing Newborn|
|When my baby cries, I comfort her by patting her back in a heartbeat-like rhythm. That helps her burp more quickly, and it also helps her relax if she's crying from insecurity. If this doesn’t work, I also try one or all of Dr. Harvey Karp's five calming moves: swaddling, shushing, holding her on her side, swinging her or letting her suck. Sometimes it takes all six!|
Having a baby is certainly an exciting time for parents. Many parents event spend a lot when buying baby stuffs to make sure that they have everything they need for their babies. Among the important things that parents need to have are the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump and the Avent Isis IQ Duo. To know more about what things to buy, here is a list of things to get for your baby:
div class=”spacer image_sharing_exclude” id=”middle_ads”>
|Newborn Tips#3: Help Get Your Baby to Latch|
|If you are having latch-on issues while breastfeeding your baby, you can use breast shields to help the process. This was a wonderful tip that I learned from my lactation consultant. I had to use the shields for an entire month before my baby would latch onto my own nipple without them. Had it not been for the breast shields, I would not have been able to continue nursing my baby.|
|Newborn Tips#4: Get Prepped|
|At 3 weeks, babies’ days and nights become more predictable, and you can focus on yourself in addition to your newborn. One way to do that is by reducing your stress level - and having everything ready for your hungry baby and yourself is one way to do that. Start by prepping for the next feeding as soon as the previous one is over. For example, after an 11 p.m. feeding, get ready for the 2 a.m. one by prepping whatever you need for feeding and putting out fresh drinking water for yourself so you don’t have anything to think about in the middle of the night. During the day, take advantage of the baby’s naps to work out, shower or catch up on e-mail, or take a nap too.|
- Feeding bottles- these are very important items since you would need something to store your breast milk or your baby's formula. There are different brands of feeding bottles and there are also different price ranges to suit your budget.
- Infant suits or onesies- these are also important since you always need something for your babies to wear. Since babies are very delicate and have sensitive skin, then bodysuits or onesies are definitely the perfect clothes to get them. These onesies come in different colors, patterns as well as materials.
- Car seat- it is also important for you to have this since if you like doing long drives, this is the safest way to bring your baby with you.
- Pacifier- most babies love using pacifiers. Most babies are comforted when they suck something and it is best to get pacifiers rather than seeing them sucking their fingers. It comes in different shapes, designs and colors so you would have a great time picking these things.
- Crib- you also need to have a durable crib for your little one. Make sure to pick the ones which you could use as a playpen when your baby grows up so you would save money.
- Baby carrier- you would also need this especially if you go on shopping or you want to go for a walk. It is always good that you bring your baby with you and with your baby carrier, you and your baby can certainly go to places.
- Stroller- this is perfect if you think that you would have a hard time carrying your baby when you go out for a walk. It also comes in different designs and sizes so you would surely have tons of options to choose from.
- Diapers or Nappies- you would also need tons of diapers or nappies so be sure to buy in bulk so you would definitely have great discounts.
- Bassinet- this is important if you really want your little ones to have a good night sleep.
- Toys- you can always get them toys to make sure that they have something to play with. Make sure to get toys that are age appropriate.
|Newborn Tips#5: Keeping Your Baby Awake During Feedings|
|When our baby was eating slowly and sleepily, my husband and I would massage her cheek to stimulate her to eat faster. A gentle stroke with a fingertip on her cheek was all it took, and on those long sleepless nights, this simple trick was a godsend! Our friends have found it works great with their infants too. When babies eat efficiently until they're full before going to sleep, they sleep for longer between feedings. And that means you’re both likely to be calmer!|
|Newborn Tips#6: Help Your Baby Bond with Dad|
|Make sure your baby has ample time alone with Daddy. His touch and voice are different than yours, and this will begin a bonding process and give you a break. Plus, it gets the baby used to being with someone other than you. The first few times can be hard. Make sure your baby is fed and well rested, as this will give you at least one or two hours before you're needed again. Then leave Dad and the baby alone. If you stay nearby, make sure the baby can’t see or hear you, and resist the urge to go into the room and "fix" things if she starts crying. Your baby cries with you and you experiment to find out what's wrong. Dads need time to do this too - in their own way. By allowing this time, your child will learn there is more than one way to receive comfort, which will help immensely when you leave your baby with a sitter or another family member for the first time. You could have your partner bathe her, put her to bed or just read or talk to her.|