1. Game: Whose Water Breaks First?
What you need: Small plastic babies and containers that they can fit inside such as an ice cube tray or a plastic cup.
How to play: Before the party, put one baby into each container, fill with water and freeze. Give each guest a frozen container with the baby inside. The guests must try to melt the ice and get their plastic baby out in any way they can think of. Whoever gets their baby out first is the winner.
2. Game: Having A Baby.
What you need: Balloons.
How to play: Divide guests into teams of four or five and give each person a balloon. When the host says, “Go!” the first person from each team blows up their balloon, ties it, and sticks it under their shirt. Once the first person has done this the second person does the same, then the third, etc. Once all team members have balloons under their shirts, the first person must pop their balloon, then the second, and third, etc. The team who blows up and pops their balloons the fastest, wins.
3. Game: Name The Children From These TV Families.
What you need: Paper and pen.
How to play: Guests try to remember, or guess, these:
- What was the name of Fred and Wilma's child on The Flintstones? Pebbles
- What were the names of Ross Gellar's two children on Friends? Ben and Emma
- Name the three kids on The Simpsons: Bart, Maggie and Lisa
- Name the four children on Family Ties: Alex, Mallory, Jennifer, Andy
- Name the five Huxtable kids on The Cosby Show: Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa and Rudy
- Name the six 6 Brady Bunch kids: Marcia, Jan, Cindy, Greg, Peter and Bobby
Whoever gets the most right, wins.
It's also expected that the host provides baby shower favors to everyone who attends the shower, or you can just offer prizes to the guests who win games. Here are some ideas for baby shower favors to help jumpstart your own creativity – or just use one of these!
4. Make a mix CD with some of the expectant couple's favorite music and a personalized CD label.
5. Send guests home with their own bundle of joy! Pop a handful of Jordan almonds in cellophane bags and wrap them up in a pretty fabric. Tie with coordinating ribbon.