A good breast pump is an investment and is a must have for working moms. Medela, one of the most popular brands of front pumps, created the Medela Freestyle - a hands-free and double electric breast pump that helps on-the-go and working moms express breastmilk easily and comfortably - anytime, anywhere. But despite of being in demand, the product has its pros and cons, according to different Medela Freestyle breast pump reviews.
Here's a quick and summarized review of the Medela Freestyle breast pump
- Efficiency - The Medela Freestyle pump has a Double Pumping efficiency that not only saves time but also increases milk production.
- Innovation: The Medela Freestyle gadget has 2-phase expression, which includes the simulation - the fast pumping rythm for milk ejection, and expression - the slower pumping rythm for efficient expression.
- Display: The Medela Freestyle displays the important information while pumping: The vacuum level, the duration of pumping and the battery status.
- Ease of use: The Medela Freestyle breast pump is hands-free, therefore, it allows moms to do other errands or leisures while expressing milk.
- Control: The Medela Freestyle technology allows moms to control the rythm of the suction depending on their preference on how fast or how slow the pumping will be.
- Size and Weight: The Medela Freestyle breast pump is light-weight and weighs less than an ounce - it can be easily carried anywhere!
- Battery: The Medela Freestyle breast pump battery is rechargeable and has a battery life that can last up to three hours.
On the other hand, The Medela Freestyle gadget has its Cons:
- Price: The Medela freestyle gadget costs around $300-$400, which is quite costly, yet there's no doubt that it's worth every buck.
- Parts: There are several parts of the breast pump that are not irreplaceable when destroyed. Also, the tendency of the breastpump to have a loose suction is high when the breast pump is over-used. This is why the manufacturer reiterates the relevance of 'handle with care' reminder.
- Compatibility: Some moms are not compatible with the product due to other physical factors (ex: breast and nipple shape, inverted nipples, etc.) which results to less milk output or no milk output at all.
We can therefore conclude that the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump is very useful for breastfeeding mothers who are working, always busy and always on-the-go. The price is indeed very expensive but when it comes to its over-all quality, it is worth paying for. It's compact design is very convenient especially for those heavy duty and everyday pumping.
Overall, The Medela Freestlye breast pump reviews show more positive feedbacks than the negative ones. The average rate of the product is 4 to 4.5 out of 5 stars which is already above average and means that the product is almost excellent. So for working and on-the-go moms out there who are not able to directly feed their babies because of their work commitments and errands, you can check out the Medela Freestyle Breast Pump.