As they say, a mother's milk is best for babies up to two years of age. This is just one of the many reasons why a breast pumps are a must-have for mommies. However, with so many products available in the market today, it takes a bit of research in order to find the most suitable one, and it would only make sense for mothers to read through breast pump reviews. If you're wondering which of them would be the best picks possible, perhaps you should consider the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump and the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump. In terms of breast pump popularity, both stands out among the other products. Ameda and Lansinoh are two of the most purchased pumps on the market. However, both have its own advantages and dis-advantages.
Ameda's Purely Yours
If you're someone who wants to breastfeed your baby several times in a day, this would be one of the most time-efficient options you can ever pick, especially if you seem to have a whole lot of other concerns to address other than breastfeeding your baby. The features of this Ameda product will surely make it easier for you to attend to your baby's needs. Below are some of its features that you'll surely love:
- Silicone diaphragm - this helps you prevent getting any unnecessary moisture into the tubes, which makes it rather easy for mothers to clean them as well as avoid contamination in the tubes due to certain harmful allergens or dust brought along by outside moisture or even the air.
- Adjustable suction settings - You can change the speed of the suction, making sure that your baby's pattern in feeding is accurately mimicked.
Another good feature Ameda Purely Yours pumps offered is its closed milk collection system known as Ameda's HygieniKit.
Lasinoh's Double Electric
This particular product is equipped with a proprietary system developed in-house which ensures that the possibility of seeing milk backup in the device and the tube is completely eliminated. You also get to take advantage of its other features, which include:
- Dual controls that will allow you to control the speed of the suctioning process, thus allowing you to be as comfortable as possible while extracting milk from your breasts, mimicking the same pattern used by your baby as you feed him or her with your own milk.
- Easy maintenance is made possible due to the small number of parts, making it easy for you to clean the device as well as let you avoid any potential hazards in your baby's health and hygiene.
- Multiple power sources, including the AC adapter and a battery, makes it easy for you to use it several times.